Monday, May 7, 2012

Love gone forever



A
fter all the times we were together
All that is left is trace love
I try to find the love in my veins
What all I found was sketches of love past
I try to catch the flighty memories
But they slip away like grains of sand
Feels like my heart is thumping in my hand
Deserted by its rightful place
It is home again
I gave you its ownership
Injected into the blood vessels your name
You left it bleeding in the rain
The earth may soak the pain
But it leaves behind the insane
You’re far ahead of me now
I can see you running far away
The place we called ours
Is now deserted and barren
Wears a look of shrubs and thorns
When long ago
It smelt of roses and bougainvillea
We planted them ourselves
But now they are bereft of our love
They wilted without care
Died just like us
One moonlight we met
One eclipse we fought
One dark night we broke apart
Matches are made in heaven they say
Those who sayeth
They doeth
Love is insane
Hate is insane
When I loved you, everybody said I was insane
When you don’t love me anymore
I am still insane
My head comes crashing down
Whenever I think of you
Tears come out as I have opened a tap
I don’t know what to do
Hoodwinked by your love
Everything seems so wrong
Maybe I don’t like the eerie silence between us
We talked of promises
Promises that were never kept
Many that were broke
Many that were shattered
Forgivable are your rejections
And the gloom you cast over me
Never thought that from priority no.01
I’d slip to the no priority list
  It is said that
We always hurt the person
Whom we love the most
But the truth is
I don’t want to be
That person anymore
Never anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment