Monday, May 7, 2012

Time lost


W
alking down the street
I see my old playground
I see the swings, the merry-go-round
Feel the child in me
Jumping with joy
The A of the swing
Singing to me
I rush to the swing
The wooden seat
Scratched by so many kids
Invited me to sit
It wants me to awing along
Saying with the swing
I feel the childhood coming back
Once again I want to fly up in the sky
Want to reach for the stars
I want to dance with the clouds
Make friends with the birds
Higher and higher I go
Move with the speed of light
Faster than air I go
Hair swaying back and forth
I can smell the morning glory too
I can even sway with my one arm
I can be a bird
And fly up in the sky
Nobody to stop me
The only place I want to feel like a child
But the creaking of the swings
Brings me back to this cruel world
Where dreams are crushed
As soon as you see them
Not a moment to live the dream
I pick up my bag
And leave for the darkness
Once more again

No comments:

Post a Comment