Saturday, November 24, 2012

Land of Won-derland


I pick up the few pieces of life
Remainder got lost in time
Some were full of laughter
Some were full of sorrow
With these in my pocket
I set out
For a new game in crazyland
Some call it a land of destiny
Some say it’s full of freaks
But they do not know yet
That I am a juggler of loss
I juggle loss in my hands
People clap when they are amused
And leave when the show’s over
The more I make other’s laugh
More I get imprisoned in the land of grief
Sometimes it drags me
In the deep potholes of sadness
And there’s no coming back

So like all others
I am here to try my un-luck
Maybe it’ll turn around
I walk up to the entrance
A large clown waits for me up there
Across the dias he waits
He calls for the ticket
I have none
There he towers upon me
In his attire of black and white
He represents life
We all have our whites and blacks
How magical he looks
When he shows me his
Enchanting smile
He says’ “Welcome , Madame”
“ Enter here to try your luck
Many a people have walked past me
Some got lucky . Some got failed.
Some got light. Some got darkness.
Come and try your luck.
Come with nothing. Leave with abundance.
Live life fully. Believe in yourself.
Attain the highest pursuit of happiness.,
But there is one thing you should always remember forever”
Me with just a bag of knick-knacks
Asked, “What should I remember?
O! Lord of the mighty gates”
He said, “such reverence is never heard of,
Behold, O Traveller,
Be wary of hypocrisy and wickedness
It’l try to seize you
From right and left and centre,
And when you are not looking
It might attack you from above
When everything seems bright
It might crack open a hole
Beware, O! Stranger
They often wander with the claims
Of a perfect world, a perfect life
Don’t fall in their traps
You may find them
Luring you with their honey laced promises
Going to the moon, giving you glittering stars
They might try to stray you from your path
But do not lose your aim
Keep this diktat in mind
Lo & Behold you go
Go after your destiny, wanderlust.

He opened the majestic gates
A blinding light flashed upon me
From hence I could see none  

1 comment:

  1. Its not about wonder-land but all about the life..good 1

    ReplyDelete